Tuesday, October 18, 2011

beneath this bold and brilliant sun

I took Sloane to the pumpkin patch on Sunday.  It was so fun to see it through her eyes.  She was captivated by two giant Clydesdale's who were pulling a hay rack ride and she waved at them and danced the the clomping of their hooves on the gravel.  We cut our own pumpkins from a giant patch.  We picked a big one for daddy, a pretty white one for me and a funny little one for Sloane.



lima bean at the pumpkin patch

Fall is here.  The weather is crisp and cool and therefore the migraines are here.  I love fall except for the constant change in barometric pressure that is happening every day.  A good hard freeze helps my sinuses and my headaches. 

Busy planning Sloane's Halloween costume and first birthday and still unpacking and arranging the new place.  Of course I do all this planning by pining over projects on Pinterest.  (Blergh I am SO blissfully addicted). 

Anxious for the weekend already and it's only Tuesday! 

I have put myself on a craft/DIY moratorium.  I am not allowed to buy another thing that I will somehow "fix" "alter" "paint" or otherwise change until I finish one of the half dozen projects I already have going...

I have ordered a couple of goodies from Etsy lately...




for Sloane's big day

for our bathroom...order your own here
and in other news inside my mind...

sometimes I still miss our old house...
title courtesy of The Decemberists: Don't Carry It All

No comments: