Wednesday, October 1, 2008

blah blah blah

it's octubre. not too much to say, have some pics of recent happenings to post but will have to post them from the other laptop and at this point that would be too much work. hee hee. I have worked 3, 12 hour days in a row. Only to work at least another 20 hours this week. Bleh.

  • overworked
  • underpaid
  • worried about the economy and the state of America, and about every other thing I am unable to control.

lately my friend McKay and I have been hitting happy hours every Thursday. We've been to Uno's (for yummy garlic bread and wings and a drink) The Melting Pot (for melted wonderous cheese and chocolate and a Boulevard)...and tomorrow is La Bodega for some simmering spanish cuisine...I find myself looking forward to Thursdays as much as the weekend.

last sunday my mama came up to the city and we went to watch our beloved Broncos flop at Arrowhead against the (arguably) worst team in the league. it matters little we still love the orange and blue and we got GREAT seats 12 rows off the field on the 20 yard line. (Jay could hear me shouting affirmations, I'm sure of it) for a mere $50 each. Incredible! (and unfortunate at the same time...plus I got sunburned). Overall though the day was a plus. Keenan met mom and I and we met RP, Heidi and April out at Legends at Corona Cantina for chips and salsa and some mexican food.

two fridays ago my friends Kate and Whitney and their husbands came up and the girls met first for happy hour specials at Tomfooleries, where I had the best 2.99 cheeseburger ever, plus some yummy lime margaritas. We wandered around the Plaza art fair and then met up with the guys in Power and Light and headed over to Crosstown Station (the amazing bar where Keenan works). It was wonderful and I think we all agree it MUST happen more often.

i've been immersing myself in politics lately, as depressing as that can get. i am a coveted Missouri voter right now and both sides are courting us like crazy (read: phone calls). of course i've had my mind made up since the democratic convention in 2004 of whom i wanted for our next president. i bought a t-shirt before he had even announced his candidacy and it may break my heart if he doesn't pull it out. go senator obama, go!

No comments: