Tuesday, November 24, 2009

on certain Sundays in November when the weather bothers me

Find this & other lovelies at Missed Connections


So excited to be going home for the holidays. I leave tomorrow evening and won't have to come back to reality until Sunday evening.

I have been thinking a lot lately (this is no change in status quo, but the topic is noveau) I am trying to become more accepting and excited about the holidays. I've been sort of a "Bah Humbug" kind of person for awhile, withstanding Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. I think this is because it is not reduced to gift giving and materialism. It's about food and who you share it with. That is my kind of thing.

I am a horrible hater of gift giving and receiving. But I am trying to get better at it. I am trying to get better at it because growing up I had a Grammy that adored the holidays and a Mom who does too. I want to have that kind of environment for my own children someday. I figure I only have numbered more childfree holidays to practice on. So I may even deck the hall (I only have one in my apartment) and listen to an occasional carol...(however, my rules on Christmas cards and materialism still apply).

Happy Thanksgiving, and beginning to the holiday season!

title courtesy of The Counting Crows, Hard Candy

1 comment:

Ashley H said...

I think those rules on materialism are good ones to keep.