Tuesday, December 1, 2009

took awhile to understand the beauty of just letting go

play along @ category stories

The prompt was "the best gift you've ever received". There is not much I love more than going to see a film. ET was the best gift (experience) ever from both my parents. It is the only memory I have of all three of us going to a movie together, and it was my first one. I bawled when ET had to leave Eliott behind. In fact I bawled out of the theatre, and all the way home and would get quite emotional talking about it for months afterward. Nothing has really ever had such an emotional impact as that "larger than life" first time at the theater.
I'd love to hear about your best gift ever.
title courtesy of Patty Griffin, Let Him Fly

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I remember going to see ET in the movie theater with my family as well. I bawled through most of it, and then came home and promptly checked the washer and dryer to see if ET was there. I was quite upset that he wasn't. It still remains one of my favorite movies . . . it would be amazing to see it on the big screen again.