Monday, January 23, 2012

this time of year

image credit
Resolutions.  Do you make them?  We do, but we give them a slightly different moniker, as if to trick ourselves into keeping them.

Every year when Keenan and I make our new goals we write on the side of our write-on/wipe-off kitchen planner what we are going to do.  The list is titled with a single word "resolved". I simply like this-- it seems like an act of congress rather than a simple grocery list of wishes. 

This year it was resolved to read more, specifically 55 books this year (not counting the books I read to Sloane each night).  I am doing well so far.  I placed a little widget in the side bar, hopefully to keep me accountable. 

Also, I must get to the movie theatre more than once this year.  That was truly abysmal.  I am already tied with last year, following this weekend's viewing of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

The other thing I want to do is to write more.  I am still trying to work out what that means, and how to accomplish it. I vascillate between wanting to throw myself into my blog and do it every day to not having a blog any more at all.  Although I am not deluded enough to really think it matters to others much it does matter to me.  I think the important thing is to not worry about who is reading anymore, in a sense.  Of course I am aware that the blog is public and therefore should not discuss themes that I don't want known by any number of people who may come across it in any number of places where I may link myself.  What I really mean is that I don't know what I really mean.  Sometimes I ask myself "where is this (blog) really going?".

Reading, seeing more films and writing more.  That's 2012, resolved (in a nutshell). 

Keenan wants to learn to play his guitar better.

title courtesy of song by the same name by Better Than Ezra

1 comment:

Ashley H said...

I think having a blog is kind of like a journal. Kind of a place to store random thoughts & ideas & projects. Don't do away with it! I love keeping up with friends via their FB status & blog post happenings!:)