Tuesday, June 30, 2009

her kindness bangs a gong


"My mother... she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her."— Jodi Picoult

My mama and Taylor came to kc yesterday. We went to lunch at On the Border, shopped, and watched the Royals beat the Twins! Great day. Mom got me this Brighton key chain for getting my RDT (registered drama therapist). I am not necessarily into Brighton. I am, however into owls. To see why...LOOK. More pics from our girls-day to follow...

The weekend was lovely...just too short. Definitely not feeling like working today after all the fun yesterday. Went to Keenan's show (U Bug Me) this weekend and loved it. The music is fantastic! I need to buy the cd for my niece & nephew.

Also did laundry (laundromat is so much faster than home, and it makes me sit and read) and some thrifting. This week I am hoping to get out to the park and watch the Shakespeare show (Merry Wives...) and get to the movie theatre and see Away We Go.

This weekend we are having a mini-family reunion at my grandfather's request, at my uncle's ranch in the middle of nowhere. Can't wait to see what we come up with to do without the distractions of the internet and the city. I am sure it will be fun!

1 comment:

Ashley H said...

aww
my name just means from the ash tree or something stupid. blah