Thursday, May 31, 2012

save the last dance for me

Today marks the triumphant return of Wedding Wednesday...

I've been busy lately--shopping. 

via

They look so adorable in person. I ordered 2 sets (140)....now--- what to do with them!

via
These will be at the bar--next to a recipe for a corresponding cocktail.  I am excited to do a little research (and watch more Mad Men of course) to get some fun (and tasty drinks)...

I have also decided to do a semi-potluck dinner.  I will be asking a few members of my family/friends to contribute dishes rather than gifts and I took the whole week before the wedding off and will be cooking up lots of dishes myself.  The food was where the theme broke down a little...until now.  I have these three titles on their way to me.


Betty Draper's staple-- Betty Crocker's Hostess Cookbook (via)

via-- Who doesn't need thoughts for buffets? 
via  It's a wedding people--it's supposed to bring the romance out in you!

via
 Also I have been thinking about the music. Keenan wanted to do all period music and at first I was resistant, but I think I could be swayed. So I ordered a little something to change my mind. We'll see if it works.




I think this should set the mood around the dancing area and above the bar...

via
The Save the Dates are out....and I have also picked up a lot of serving trays, utensils, glassware/barware and constructed my own cake plates...but I have saved those pictures for another day...

Things are coming along!

title courtesy of The Drifters- Save the Last Dance for Me (number one song in October 1960)

1 comment:

Ashley H said...

Yayy for the return of Wedding Wednesday! :)

I got my Save the Date card -- so exciting!