Tuesday, June 26, 2012

right in the thick of love

We spent most of our weekend in the city, Kansas City for our dear friend Diontey's wedding.  Keenan was the best man, so Sloane and I had a lot of one-on-one time together driving.  There are many things I miss about living in Kansas City (the shopping, the food) but one thing I don't miss is how fast time goes there.  I believe this is because of all the time it takes to get from place to place.   That's the great thing about our new pace in our new hometown-- we spend less time going where we are going and more time being there. 

so sweet
Sloane loved the wedding, although she cried when daddy walked down the aisle away from her.  She especially loved being spoiled at the reception.  She ate her first dark chocolate kiss and later got away with this...
I thought she was eating cake, but she was eating straight butter, with a fork, like a lady

In our world it's been incredibly hot.  Yesterday it was 112 degrees and humid as all get out.  I threw my fashion caution to the wind and let Sloane ride home from Grammy's with only her diaper on.  Apparently she felt a little underaccessorized.  She's nothing if not resourceful.

If your mama does something this embarrasing to you, turn your blankie into a chic wrap-hat. 


title courtesy of John Legend: Ordinary People

No comments: