Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I wanna hear you laugh like you really mean it

It's wedding Wednesday and I got a lot checked off of my list today.  The most important being the tent-- the tent is reserved and ready to go up (in roughly 99 days). 

I ordered a striped one-- dark purple. Think less like circus and more like Jacqueline Bouvier & John Fitzgerald Kennedy's reception.

via
If I only had the Kennedy budget so I could swing that flooring. 

A few weeks ago I ordered some adorable vintage labels from WonderlandRoom on Etsy. I just couldn't figure out how I would incorporate them into the wedding.


Then I thought of putting them on baby food jars.  I saved all of Sloane's because I made my own food for her, so if you do have a baby before your wedding, or know someone with a baby this can be the perfect size little favor jar.

The etsy labels were self adhesive so that was easy as can be, I took the food labels off with Goo Gone spray gel and adhered the new label distressing it a ltitle bit with my paper folder to make them look a little more authentic. 

I plan to fill each of them with something that (loosely) corresponds to the label and let people carry home one that strikes their fancy.  I bought the mini dominos at an antique thrift market and the war bonds jar has some pennys in it. 

I have been enjoying finding little treasures to fill them, like these vintage match books. 


Some of these beauties will fill the jars, and some of them will be stored in an ash tray near the candy cigarrette station. 

Next up on the list, another brilliant idea from my bestie (seriously, I can't think of anything on my own, that's why I have Pinterest and Breann). 

When my sister found out she was pregnant last fall we realized we would need to change our wedding date, I had already ordered my save the date postcards and was just about to recycle the whole lot. But instead Breann suggested I use them for confetti or a garland. So I put my circle punch to work the other night while watching the new HBO series The Newsroom (I'm gonna give it the old college try). I plan to mix in the new ones as well since I have the sihlouette on a peacock blue background and the LOVE is printed in bright gold.  Can't wait to grab some twine and ribbon and make this up.  Stay tuned.




title courtesy of Snow Patrol: Hands Open

2 comments:

Ashley H said...

GREAT idea for garland. Can't want to see it!

Connie Nelson said...

what a great idea! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please stop by to check it out :)http://www.familyhomeandlife.com/2012/06/versital-blogger-award.html