Thursday, June 12, 2008

she's got 4 good reasons...

I was listening to the Counting Crows (no surprise) on my drive to KC from Salina last weekend, keeping a watchful eye on the U-Haul behind me. I was caught in a moment while listening to "4 White Stallions" from the live in New Amsterdam album and suddenly I was 17 again driving down k-4 highway to my senior year of high school while I was conducting a brief relationship with a certified bad boy...I remember when I decided to stop seeing him I wrote myself a post-it note (prior to the infamous plot device used on Sex & the City, maybe I should get royalties) with several reasons why I shouldn't be with him. Apparently I needed the note to remind myself, I've since lost the note, forgotten the reasons and softened my opinion of the afforementioned boy. He used to live the opposite direction from school and used to make this straight-a goody-two-shoes want to turn left just for the day instead of pulling into the parking lot.

Luckily I pulled into the parking lot a lot more often than not...but I still get the urge to turn left in my life at times (metaphorically speaking of course) and it makes me think of the post-it.

In non-metaphorical notes: We won't have cable til Saturday, so if I don't hear it on NPR or read it in the KC Star I am oblivious. Apparently there were tornados & storms at home last night...thinking of the middle of America.

Four White Stallions(Original by Patrick Winningham)
She had four white stallions coming around the bend
Four strong angels at her command descend
four more seasons for all that's broken to mend
I got four more reasons why Ican't go back there again
She had skin like a statue
milky white and pure
carved by an artistwho's hand is demure
Got a mind I like a saber razor sharp and sure
God how I hate myself
for still wanting her...
Damn these nights are dreaming..
Visions soft and sure
Cause I wake to find there'snothing left of me in her..
Nothing more than a heart still at war..
She had four white stallions coming around the bend..
Four strong angels already sinned
I got four good reasons for all that's broken to mend..
I got four more seasons for all that's broken to mend..
I got four more reasons why I cant go back there again..
I got four good reasons why I cant go back there again.

No comments: