Sunday, May 1, 2011

wish it was Sunday.

Our weekend was lovely, and lovely weeknds seem to go the fastest.  Did the 4 mile AIDS walk pushing this little gal in her stroller then caught a baseball game (yay Royals beat the Twins!)
Ready for the AIDS walk (note the red hightops)
 

my favorite thrift store find of the weekend ($1.99)
I even squeezed in a little craft time...
my nephew T on his 2nd birthday (12/5/10)



We read a little prayer out of one of Sloane's book every night: Bedtime Prayers by Bonnie Rickner Jenning.  My friend Dustin's family and friends have been on my heart and in my prayers all day today, as I handed the book to Keenan to choose the prayer he flipped it open and it fell to this perfectly appropriate prayer: "The Shepard knows that we need help to get us through our days.  He's faithful to encourage us in big and little ways.  He sends a friend to cheer us on or lend a helping hand.  And when we feel like giving up, He'll be our strenth to stand!  Dear God, thank You for giving me paitence and encouragement."

My heart swelled as Keenan read this to our daughter.  Just the words I needed to hear.

The book also puts a little Bible verse (in little words) for tonight it was Romans 15:5...Which is "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Jesus."  So be it.

title courtesy of Ms. Cyndy Lauper (Manic Monday, it's a blog favorite)