Tuesday, January 15, 2013

they are happy as they sing that old, sweet song


When I have too much on my heart I simply can't write blog posts. However there are so many words that it seems alien to fall silent. But instead of talking or writing I spent a lot of the last 10 days holding these hands.

I have always loved my grandmother's hands for all the comfort and sweetness they have given me for the past 32 years, heck I even thought her age and sun spots were pretty, as I viewed them as a young girl as freckles.  It was time to give a little of that back to her.

My grandmother left this earth at midnight Friday.  For the last ten days of her life she has rested peacefully in hospice surrounded by children, grandchildren, cousins, a sister, nieces, and friends murmuring their love for her.  Until 10pm on Thursday she let us know she loved us with her eyes and tried to answer us when we told her we loved her.

I already miss her sweet voice.

But I know that she is ecstatic to be alongside the love of her life again.  And I will see her again one day.

title courtesy of hymn: sing to me of heaven

1 comment:

Ashley H said...

love that photo Shan. been thinking of you.
xoxo